The Medical University Sofia is the oldest medical institution of higher education in Bulgaria.The Faculty was founded in 1917. Today the university is composed of four faculties:
- Medical faculty
- Stomatological faculty (dentistry)
- Pharmaceutical faculty
- Health management
Since 2007 the courses human medicine, dental medicine and pharmacy are offered in English.
The Medical University – Sofia is one of the most prominent healthcare, educational and scientific centers of the Bulgarian medical science.
There is no qualifying examination or any restriction regarding the grades of the general qualification for university entrance (there is no numerus clausus).
- Language of education: English
- Admission test: English language test
- Tuition fees: 8.000,00 € per year for medicine, dental medicine
- Start of studies: Ocotber 2018
The Medical University Sofia is a member of SOCRATES / ERASMUS and of the ECTS (European Credit Transfer System).